Friday, August 15, 2008

The Eagle has landed.

Jeremy Ryan Willmann was born at 10:30pm last night, August 14th 2008. He is 7 pounds 12oz and 20 inches in length. I can't upload pictures yet, but I can tell you he looks much like his older brother Craig exept Jeremy has a much more pronounced chin (at least at the current time.)

The labor and delivery went well (I would say, but I think Tania agrees). We got to our room to be induced at 1:30pm (due to high blood pressure and history of pre-eclampsia) and were expecting to be delivering at 1:30am. Well, Jeremy tried his best to see Michael Phelps because Tania dialated from 5 to 9 inches in just over 1 hour. Tania only had to push twice and Jeremy was born right smack in the middle of the Woman's All-Around Gymnastics final. He scored an 8-9 on his APGAR....why I don't know. I didn't really care. He was finally here.

Of course, leading up to the birth we made things interesting. Tania and I both got poison ivy!!!!! We were doing some yard work last Monday which involved cleaning off the vines from our fence. Those vines were fine. It was the giant hairy vine on the tree in the corner that got us. Only after getting itchy did I find the dreaded leaves-of-three on the vine. Craig is itch free, but I am in long sleeves and pants for the rest of the week. I am also on steroids, the only reason I am not the Olympics. (Failed drug tests look bad........) ; )

So I will get pics up when I can, but for now know that baby and Mom are great. in fact they are both sleeping right now......

3 comments:

Klick4MU said...

Congratulations. The booming Willmann clan is here to stay. I thought for sure that one of his names would have been "Michael". A "golden" event congratulations.

Erin said...

Congrats, glad everything well. For your FYI (as my co-worker Louise likes to say), the Apgar score was named after Dr. Virginia Apgar who developed the scoring. It's not an acronym for anything, and thus does not need to be in all CAPS.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! Congratulations! I cant wait to see new baby Jeremy. Keep trying to get a hold of Tania, but we keep missing each other. I feel awful about that....lots of things going on. Anyways, congrats to the both of you and I will get in touch soon. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is great. Love u guys, Nicole (BFF)